Annual package: R1 372 869.89
ERWAT seeks an assertive, innovative person on a performance-driven 5-year fixed-term contract with knowledge of project management principles, excellent track record of working on complex projects, having a good understanding of contracts relevant to the water treatment industry and wastewater engineering and process.
To manage and implement strategic research and projects at ERWAT, according to organizational objectives and sound project and research principles. Responsible for the optimum expenditure of capital for all ERWAT’s Water Care Works, pipelines and re-use systems under the jurisdiction of the company, to ensure adequate capacity to fulfil the mission of ERWAT.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic planning of infrastructure for long term growth and optimisation of existing assets
- Provide consultative direction to multiple projects and programmes to ensure the effective integration and alignment with the development and application of technology for ERWAT
- Negotiate the budget for capital works with the Executive Managers of Operations and Finance respectively
- Implement effective succession plans, employees’ personal development plans, and recruitment and retention strategies
- Format and communicate project goals that support the company vision
- Ensure compliance to the relevant legislation e.g. Labour Legislation, Water Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- BSc Eng. / B.Eng. Civil / Mechanical Engineering or B.Tech. Eng. Civil / Mechanical
- ECSA Registration – Professional / Engineer or Professional Technologist
- SACPCM South African Council for the Project and Construction Management) Registration will be advantageous
- Post graduate qualification in Engineering / Project Management / Business Management will be advantageous
- 10 years’ relevant experience covering engineering design, construction, project management and commissioning for multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience in a Consulting Engineering firm will be an advantageous
- Thorough knowledge of OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) Act
- Financial Management Skills
- 7 years’ relevant experience at senior management level, ideally in a water and sanitation environment
- 7 years’ relevant experience in managing professionals across multi- disciplinary teams, in medium to large operations
The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of ERWAT, taking into account factors considered relevant, including but not limited to the Employment Equity Policy and Strategy.
Be advised that short-listed candidates will be required to undergo psychometric evaluation.
Forward your detailed CV using the relevant reference for this position, REF-HOD_IPAP, and include certified copies of all relevant qualifications, Identity Document and proof of residence to firstname.lastname@example.org
No hand delivered applications will be considered, and applications without required documentation will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 3 May 2021
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Please note that, should you not hear from us by 31 July 2021 you should consider your application unsuccessful.