Annual package: R 1 372 869.89
ERWAT seeks an assertive, innovative person on a performance driven 5-year fixed-term contract, who can demonstrate organisational leadership at strategic and operational levels and navigation in a complex organisation. The person must have the ability to identify, develop and implement organisational performance indicators and business strategy.
Provide engineering oversight, direction and leadership to the maintenance department and to ensure the effective management of all operations within the department.
Key Performance Areas
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Maintenance Department team and contracted service providers.
- Ensure maintenance plans are implemented and followed to allow for the timeously maintenance of all electrical and mechanical services of the water and sanitation infrastructure within ERWAT.
- Provide engineering expertise and implement effective and efficient relevant delivery approaches to Maintenance Department to ensure timeous and cost-effective maintenance, upgrades, planning of electrical and mechanical installations.
- Ensure the Department utilises appropriate technology and applies best practices in the industry to be proactive and reduces downtime in order to minimise costs and maximise service delivery.
- Ensure the Department is positioned to capably attend to expenditure requirements associated with normal, critical capital and ad-hoc deliverables identified as priority in the integrated development plan of ERWAT.
- Determine the appropriate HR requirements and structures to ensure optimum efficiencies are achieved and maintained.
- BSc Eng. / B Eng. or B Tech Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- GCC (Government Certificate of Competency) Factories
- The following will be advantageous:
- Certified Asset Manager or Certified Asset
- Management Assessor with the South African Asset Management Association
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional
- Masters degree will be advantageous
The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of ERWAT, taking into account factors considered relevant, including but not limited to the Employment Equity Policy and Strategy.
Be advised that short-listed candidates will be required to undergo psychometric evaluation.
Forward your detailed CV using the relevant reference for this position, REF-HOD_MAIN, and include certified copies of all relevant qualifications, Identity Document and proof of residence to firstname.lastname@example.org
No hand delivered applications will be considered, and applications without required documentation will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 3 May 2021
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Please note that, should you not hear from us by 31 July 2021 you should consider your application unsuccessful