Annual package: R1 372 869.89
ERWAT seeks an assertive, innovative person, on a performance driven 5-year fixed-term contract, who can demonstrate organisational leadership at strategic and operational levels and navigation in a complex organisation. The person must have the ability to identify, develop and implement organisational performance indicators and business strategy.
Lead and manage the Office of the MD (Communications, Risk Management, CSI, Security and ICT) to ensure the provision of efficient and effective services to ERWAT in accordance with legislative and statutory requirements. Implement, track and monitor ERWAT’s strategy, performance, and participate as a member of the ERWAT executive management team and fulfil the necessary requirements thereof.
Key Performance Areas
- Draw up strategic business plans for the Communications, Internal Audit, Risk Management, CSI, Security and ICT Departments to ensure that business planning of the department is aligned to ERWAT’s goals, objectives and business priorities.
- Evaluate and comment on the applicability of specific operational key performance indicators and measures against outcomes detailed in ERWAT’s strategic plans.
- Manage the Office of the MD and set the necessary policies, rules and regulations in place to ensure proper and effective services namely: Communications; Internal Audit, Risk Management, CSI, Security and ICT.
- Prepare, manage and monitor the capital and operational budget of the Office of the MD, including the total manpower budget of ERWAT to ensure effective and efficient functioning and cost control.
- Identify designated staff responsibilities, authority and personal performance measurement criteria.
- Ensure that Communications, Internal Audit, Risk Management, CSI, Security and ICT departments are represented in all relevant forums and meetings to ensure effective flow of information.
- Ensure adherence to all ERWAT policies and procedures.
- BSc Eng. / B.Eng. / B.Tech Eng, or BSc. Honors (Natural Sciences) or Honors Degree (Social Sciences or Humanities)
- Masters Degree in Business (would be advantageous)
- 10 years’ relevant experience of which 5 years should be in a senior managerial role in a medium to large organization
- Knowledge of MFMA will be advantageous
- 5 years’ management experience, with focus in business process, planning, business plan development, reporting, financial management, business performance management, governance and compliance and development of strategic plans
The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of ERWAT, taking into account factors considered relevant, including but not limited to the Employment Equity Policy and Strategy.
Be advised that short-listed candidates will be required to undergo psychometric evaluation.
Forward your detailed CV using the relevant reference for this position, REF-HOD_SME, and include certified copies of all relevant qualifications, Identity Document and proof of residence to firstname.lastname@example.org
No hand delivered applications will be considered, and applications without required documentation will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 3 May 2021
CVs received after the closing date will NOT be considered. Please note that, should you not hear from us by 31 July 2021 you should consider your application unsuccessful.